[LEDE-DEV] ath79 - pending tasks

Alban albeu at free.fr
Wed Mar 1 05:32:14 PST 2017

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 12:26:40 +0100
John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

> Hi Antony,
> Hi Alban,
>
> I have been working on the ath79 OF target the last days. I created a
> new target within LEDE that uses pure devicetree support with the hope
> of obsoleting all our mach files and simplifying the code. The
> tl-wr-1043nd-v1 now boots fine and I just started adding OF support to
> the ethernet driver. Next on my list are

Having the ethernet working would be nice. Do you just target LEDE or
are you trying to get it in a state that would be acceptable for
mainline?

> * adding a pinctrl driver
> * adding a usb phy driver

The USB phy driver is already done:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg1332371.html

That hasn't been merged for 4.11, we have to hope it make it in 4.12.

> What other tasks do you know of and does any prior work exist for the 2
> previously mentioned tasks that i could use ?

Check my github tree: https://github.com/AlbanBedel/linux/commits/ath79

There is some basic support for the TL-WR-1043ND V2 (irqchip driver for
the QCA955X EXT interrupt controller + DT) and for the ath9k.

That is not yet in my github tree, but I'm currently working on adding
nvmem support to load the eeprom data for the ath9k. With this and a few
other details the ath9k should be fully usable with DT. I hope to be
able to submit this soon enough that it could potentially be merged in
4.12.

Otherwise we would need a few more irqchip drivers, and probably some
clk driver for the clocks used by the ethernet block. Finally there is
the PCI, but I don't really know what to do with this as I don't have
any hardware using it. Is there any hardware, beside the ref boards,
known to use it?

Alban