[LEDE-DEV] LEDE-17.01 Final Release Notes available

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Jan 29 05:46:55 PST 2017

Jaap Buurman <jaapbuurman at gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you very much for the clarification. That makes a lot of sense.
> Do you happen to know where the mt76 driver stands with respect to
> these different phases? I am in the market for a new router, and due
> to the openness of the driver I'm currently looking at a mediatek
> based platform, namely the dir-860l rev b1.

The mt76 driver also uses the mac80211 debloated intermediate queues. So
yeah, maybe that should be mentioned in the announcement as well.

As far as ath10k is concerned, the driver will use the intermediate
queues, but only if the hardware has certain capabilities. Hence the
wording in that bullet.

The only thing that is ath9k-only is the airtime fairness patches. Which
are not in 17.01 anyway...

-Toke