[LEDE-DEV] netifd: "bridge: disable IGMP snooping by default"

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Tue Jan 24 07:28:52 PST 2017

On 2017-01-20 11:37, Linus Lüssing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any further information regarding this commit somewhere?
>
> "bridge: disable IGMP snooping by default"
> https://git.lede-project.org/?p=project/netifd.git;a=commitdiff;h=52541140f8138e31958cdc3d7e42a4029fa6bbc9
Sorry, I forgot to put some context in the commit message. jow pointed
out to me that we have a whole bunch of different tickets and reports
that point at issues with multicast. Some of them are clearly wireless
related, but others seemed to go away when disabling IGMP snooping. This
is really hard to pin down and we decided to make this feature opt-in
instead of opt-out for now until things settle down a bit more.

I think it makes sense to have another go at enabled-by-default when we
move to a newer kernel and use the latest version of the patch.

- Felix