[LEDE-DEV] Support for tplink 710 v2.1

Ufo ufo at rund.freifunk.net
Wed Jan 11 08:14:46 PST 2017

when using tplink 710v2.1 there is some strange behaviuor with filenames
and system-infos:
That dot "." is evil, better use "-".

The hardware is same as 710v1 (8MB flash) but when flashing v2.1
Firmware the system think its v2 (the dot and 1 might be ignored by
/tmp/sysinfo/*) which only has 4MB flash.

my workaround for that problem since 8 months is to flash 710v1 (8mb
flash) firmware right after the initial v.2.1 "factory" flash, with -F
option :-/
Also the Meshkit (webfrontend for imagebuilder) shows wrong
hardware-name for 2.1 Router.

i think, best solution would be to rename the model (modify the . into -
) to 710 v2-1. i cant see such versionnumbering on other devices from
tplink. :-/

cheers ufo

p.s.
problem is also mentioned here, with screenshot:
https://plan.leipzig.freifunk.net/issues/260
i was mentioning it at gluon firmware ticketsystem already, but
neoraider were not able to help me, because gluon isnt using normal
openwrt/lede stuff like /tmp/sysinfo/*, but libplatforminfo &
autoupdater are only gluon-specific things.
https://github.com/freifunk-gluon/gluon/issues/691