[LEDE-DEV] 3g led netdev setup

Giuseppe Lippolis giu.lippolis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:02:34 PST 2017

Hi All,
I would like to switch on the 3g LED on the front panel of the dwr-512 when
the 3g modem connection is established.

One way (successfully tested) is to add the following section in the
/etc/conf/system:
config 'led'
        option 'name'          '3G'
        option 'sysfs'         'dwr-512-b:green:3g'
        option 'trigger'       'netdev'
        option 'dev'           'usb0'
        option 'mode'          'link'

Therefore one way is to add the uci commands in the
target/linux/ramips/base-files/etc/uci-defaults/  dir.

Another way seems to be add a line in the /etc/board.d/01_leds file:

dwr-512-b)
        ucidef_set_led_netdev "wan3g" "wan3g" "$board:green:3g" "usb0"
       ;;

Unfortunately this second way doesn't work and I'm unable to find any
documentation about the /etc/board.d/01_leds file.

Can someone help me?
Thanks,
Bye.