[LEDE-DEV] Quectel EC20 QMI autoconnect issues [Was: Re: [LEDE-DEV, 3/3, v3] uqmi: Prevent 'POLICY MISMATCH' error.]

Matti Laakso malaakso at elisanet.fi
Sun Jan 8 06:39:34 PST 2017

> Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> [2016-12-12 10:06:59]:
>
> > I'm going to ask Quectel about this issue and will share the results.
>
> So it ended with the following result: "I raceived the additional informations that it’s not well to use autoconnect feature on EC20 and EC25. R&D will work to solve this, but it can take too much time. Is it possible for you to use it without autoconnect?"

I'm almost done with checking the connection state using a proto_run_command with a simple script running uqmi --get-data-status periodically. If the check fails, the script dies and netifd should restart the connection. Then we hopefully don't need autoconnect anymore.

> And I've seen "33C3: Dissecting modern (3G/4G) cellular modems", which makes a lot of things crystal clear :-)

That's an interesting talk, thanks for the note!

Matti