[LEDE-DEV] how to make sysupgrade not drop user-installed packages

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:37:19 PST 2017

When I do upgrades, I save the list of "extra" installed packages
(looking at /overlay/upper/usr/lib/opkg/info/*.control).
Maybe we could save this "list of extra packages" when the
configuration is saved (like before the upgrade) somewhere.
It's useful and very "cheap".

When this "list" is present (like after a conf restore or system
upgrade), we could provide an easy script to reinstall them
and also luci could offer to reinstall them (or remove the list).
Something like:

Your previous system state included extra packages. What would you like to do?

[ignore and remove the list]
[install all listed packages]
* iftop [install]
* ifperf [install]