[LEDE-DEV] dhcpv6-pd subnet allocation?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:31:24 PST 2017

Thx

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 1:28 AM, Hans Dedecker <dedeckeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) In a topology like this:
>>
>> ISP
>> routerA
>> routerB
>> routerC
>>
>> what options now exist in lede for getting an ipv6 subnet to routerC
>> from routerA after being provided by the ISP? (the basic PD allocation
>> from ISP to A seems to work)
>>
>> Can routerB get one from routerA, then C from B?
>>
>> dhcp-pd?
> Cascaded prefix delegation is possible in lede if you get a prefix
> length from your ISP which allows you to do prefix delegation for
> different subnets

I will give it a shot.

>> hncpd?
>> shcncpd?
>> wget?
>>
>> 2) I'd like to be able to toss a dhcp address allocation into its own
>> routing table
>> (having some trouble with default routes) - according to this
>>
>> https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2015-September/036212.html
>>
>>         option ipv4table 16
>>
>> is the way? (cause ip route show table 16 shows nothing)
>>
>> config interface 'wan'
>>         option ifname 'eth0'
>>         option proto 'dhcp'
>>         option defaultroute '0'
>>         option ipv4table 16
> It needs to be ip4table iso ipv4table

Tired old eyeballs... thx. ip4table works, but so far as I know that
has the possibility to
collide with other uses of the table facility (vpns, routing protocols, etc)

My thought was that the "right" place to stick a dhcp proto acquired
route was in the dhcp proto field (16) in the routing table. instead
it is either static or my user-defined table

example (testing)

ip route add unreachable 172.26.148.0/22 proto dhcp

ip route show (snipped)
172.26.130.0/23 via 172.26.96.96 dev wlan0  proto babel onlink
unreachable 172.26.148.0/22  proto dhcp

Or, more fully

root at apu2:/etc/network# ip route add unreachable 172.26.144.0/22 proto 17
root at apu2:/etc/network# ip route show proto 17
unreachable 172.26.144.0/22
root at apu2:/etc/network# ip route flush proto 17
root at apu2:/etc/network# ip route add unreachable 172.26.144.0/22 table 17
root at apu2:/etc/network# ip route show table 17
unreachable 172.26.144.0/22
root at apu2:/etc/network# ip route show proto 17

A similar question arises in configuration

config route 'unreachloc'
        option 'interface' 'lan'
        option 'target' '172.26.20.0'
        option 'netmask' '255.255.252.0'
        option 'type' 'unreachable'
        option 'table' '17'

Works, but no way to use "proto"

> Hans
>>

>> --
>> Dave Täht
>> Let's go make home routers and wifi faster! With better software!
>> http://blog.cerowrt.org

Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org