[LEDE-DEV] Fading out PolarSSL

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Tue Jan 3 05:17:03 PST 2017

On 3.1.2017 14:22, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Right now there are more or less two approaches proposed:
>
> a) Keep libpolarssl available for the initial 17.01.0 release and drop
>     it with the first maintenance release 17.01.1 about 6-8 weeks later
>
> b) Drop libpolarssl now, even before branching and urge the feed package
>     maintainers to migrate users of libpolarssl to the libmbedtls variant

I am rather indifferent on the timing of the total removal of polarssl, but
like I wrote in the PR 655 discussion, elimination of the libpolarssl usage
in the "core LEDE" could be done immediately (curl/libcurl, px5g,
libustream-polarssl). That would prevent libpolarssl being included in builds
by default.

Jow already has the curl change (PR 653) in his staging repo, and Daniel's PR
655 contains the needed bits for px5g + libustream-polarssl.

Hannu