[LEDE-DEV] brcm47xx legacy image building issues

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Tue Jan 3 03:46:21 PST 2017

On 01/03/2017 09:37 AM, Eric Masson wrote:
> Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Rafal,
>
>> I just downloaded and extracted
>> https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/brcm47xx/legacy/lede-imagebuilder-brcm47xx-legacy.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz
>>
>> I entered lede-imagebuilder-brcm47xx-legacy.Linux-x86_64 and executed your command. It worked fine.
>>
>> I see 3 options:
>> 1) Something got fixed in "Tue Jan 3 06:46:26 2017"
>> 2) You are doing something extra you didn't describe
>> 3) There is some issue specific to your host
>
> Probably 1 as everything went fine with today's imagebuilder "Tue Jan 3
> 06:46:26 2017".
>
> At least both previous brcm47xx imagebuilder were causing the reported
> issue.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Regards
>
> Éric Masson

A possible explanation is that you issued the command while the
buildbots on the build server were still building some packages for your
target, so the imagebuilder could not find them in the repo.

Also in forums people report similar "mysterious" issues about
installing packages that disappear after less than a day.

-Alberto