[LEDE-DEV] Adding new targets/subtargets

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Mon Jan 2 16:27:08 PST 2017

On 2017-01-03 00:41, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> And I’d like to do that.
>
> (a) we’d need to decide what benchmarks are meaningful… are the openssl encryption benchmarks sufficient?
I think it's a good start. However, please make sure you have the same
encryption acceleration drivers enabled in both builds, so you're not
comparing apples to oranges. I've verified that the drivers don't depend
on selecting a specific CPU type, so they should work in generic kernel
images.

> (b) but even before that, it’s not clear that the CPU_TYPE target makefile machinery has ever worked correctly… so we’d need to remedy that.
You can set CFLAGS directly for testing if you want to.

- Felix