[LEDE-DEV] Release Planning - Current Status?

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Mon Jan 2 09:23:44 PST 2017

Hi Rich,

there hasn't been much progress on the planning since I didn't follow
any mails for the last week or so :)

I plan to factor in the various suggestions into the roadmap I initially
posted and put the result into the wiki tomorrow.

The idea is to have a definitive timeline until Friday so we can start
branching and preparing builds.

I'm not totally sure whether we want to have a distinct RC phase (as in
tagging RCs). The pre-release branch build artifacts can serve the same
purpose and are reasonably stable - there should be no incompatible
kmods every 24h in contrast to master builds as the kernel config will
likely remain the same unless we really need to fix something there.

~ Jo