[LEDE-DEV] Adding new targets/subtargets

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Mon Jan 2 09:01:57 PST 2017

Hi,

> The x86/64/config-default is missing the following switches:
>
> CONFIG_MCORE2=y

That would break support for older x86_64 iirc.

> CONFIG_MDIO=y
> CONFIG_X86_USE_PPRO_CHECKSUM=y

Those can probably go into x86/64 directly, at least I see no reason why
not.

> [...]
> ARCH_SUFFIX is taken from CONFIG_CPU_TYPE, but in my setup that value seems to have been set to “ “ which I can’t say I understand.

This setting is usually used to denote specific distinct, incompatible
CPU types which belong to the same "arch" e.g. CPU_TYPE:=arm1136j-s vs.
CPU_TYPE:=cortex-a15 which are both ARCH:=arm .

~ Jo