[LEDE-DEV] Blackhole routes and other tidbits on the network configuration wiki page

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sun Jan 1 03:51:51 PST 2017

On 12/31/2016 11:33 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I was going over the “Network configuration” page on the wiki and it’s a little thin on routes.  In particular, it implies that for a route you always need interface/target/netmask/gateway… but in the case of type=blackhole, a gateway doesn’t really seem applicable.
>
> So would you have:
>
> config route
> 	option interface ‘lan’
> 	option target ‘192.168.1.99’
> 	option netmask ‘255.255.255.255’
> 	option type ‘blackhole'
>

> instead?  For that matter, do you really even need the “interface” part?
>
> Who owns that wiki page?  I was trying to figure that out using the wiki itself but couldn’t figure out how.
>
> -Philip

There is no "owner", although you can see the people that modified it if
you click on the little clock icon on the right.

I'm "bobafetthotmail" wiki user, I ported that wiki page more or less
as-is from OpenWRT wiki.
Since I know little of routing (in LEDE or otherwise) I just gave it its
own article, splitting it from a larger page with many networking
topics, but I could not really change it or add anything to it.

If you want to improve it, please register/login in the wiki and do so.

-Alberto