[LEDE-DEV] Cake SQM killing my DIR-860L - was: [17.01] Kernel: bump to 4.4.51

Stijn Segers francesco.borromini at inventati.org
Tue Feb 28 23:23:13 PST 2017

Op di, 28 feb 2017 om 11:40 , schreef Martin Tippmann <mt at i3o.de>:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Stijn Segers
> <francesco.borromini at inventati.org> wrote:
>>  Okay, so I tracked it down to cake being the culprit. When I
>> disable the
>>  Cake SQM instance, no more of those traces, and no more sudden
>> reboots.
>>
>>  If I can help debug this, let me know - I enabled a Cake SQM
>> instance on an
>>  APU2 and so far that seems to run fine.
>
> cake: Maybe it's related - I'm seeing high cpu usage with cake on
> TP-Link 841N routers even with none, moderate traffic after a while. I
> don't see hanging tasks in the logs but the system feels sluggish even
> it's idle.
>
> filed a bug here:
> https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=563  don't
> have much info through.
>
> The same version is running fine on a MAC1200R with 128MB memory
> through.
>
> regards
> Martin

OK... So I tried to disable offloading on the WAN interface (eth0.2 for
the DIR-860L), but that throws the following error:

# ethtool -K tso off gso off gro off eth0
Cannot get device feature names: No such device

Same for any other devices I try... Is there a way to disable
offloading without ethtool?

Cheers

Stijn