[LEDE-DEV] [wiki]Table of packages is officially live!

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Thu Feb 23 13:48:08 PST 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 06:52:15PM +0000, Alberto Bursi wrote:
> The wiki feature showing what packages are in LEDE (and some information
> about them) is now complete! Hooray! :)
>
> https://lede-project.org/packages/start

Great, thanks Alberto!

Here are a few questions and comments:

- what is the difference between /packages/$pkg and /packages/pkgdata/$pkg?
  e.g. https://lede-project.org/packages/tinc vs. https://lede-project.org/packages/pkgdata/tinc
  It seems that the first one is supposed to be created manually?

- what would you think of moving the "category" column more to the right
  in the tables, for instance after "source code"?  This way, the first
  two columns are "name" and "version", which are for me the most important
  information.

- the description field is often quite large (look for instance at the
  "network---vpn" category), so the table looks ugly.  I'm not sure how to
  fix this though, maybe show just the beginning of the text, and show the
  rest in a popup when hovering/clicking on the field?

- still with the description: it seems that line breaks are removed.  On
  the other hand, word-wrapped text is ugly in HTML.  What do you think of
  removing single line breaks, but treating two consecutive line breaks as

- your script does not seem to handle multiple maintainers? (e.g. net/wireguard)

- just a cosmetic note: why not use "/" instead of "---" to separate
  between category and submenu?

Thanks again, other than these minor points it's a great tool :)

Baptiste