[LEDE-DEV] Help wanted with testing opkg improvements

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sat Feb 18 02:14:36 PST 2017

On 02/17/2017 08:14 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> my previous change was incomplete, please use the following two changes
> for testing:
>
> https://git.lede-project.org/71ab6d6.patch
> https://git.lede-project.org/e9bd98e.patch
>

> Bye,
> Jo

Ok, flashed on my ar71xx device. Opkg is noticeably slower (there is a
5-second delay on "opkg install") but it is not that bad.
Also "opkg list" is slower, (before it was all done in a second or so,
now it needs like 10 seconds to write the full list).

After I ran the opkg list I saw this error
opkg_conf_deinit: Couldn't unlink OFF: No such file or directory.

The install fails because opkg is thinking some packages occupy (much)
more space than they actually do.
I'm pretty sure block-mount or f2fs-tools don't really need 5000+ kb of
flash space as in the following output.

root at lede:/# opkg install f2fs-tools
Installing f2fs-tools (1.7.-1) to root...
Collected errors:
  * verify_pkg_installable: Only have 3740kb available on filesystem
/overlay, pkg f2fs-tools needs 5365
  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package f2fs-tools.
  * opkg_conf_deinit: Couldn't unlink OFF: No such file or directory.

root at lede:/# opkg install block-mount
Installing block-mount (2017-02-11-7d78836-1) to root...
Collected errors:
  * verify_pkg_installable: Only have 3740kb available on filesystem
/overlay, pkg block-mount needs 5858
  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package block-mount.
  * opkg_conf_deinit: Couldn't unlink OFF: No such file or directory.

-Alberto