[LEDE-DEV] impressed by progress on odhcpd and procd and elsewhere.

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Feb 14 14:35:09 PST 2017

> On Feb 11, 2017, at 11:11 PM, Stijn Tintel <stijn at linux-ipv6.be> wrote:
>
> On 10-02-17 18:11, Dave Taht wrote:
>> About the biggest request from the field seems to be supplying RA and
>> dhcpv6 dns on a more real IPv6 address than fe80 to make android users
>> happier (https://github.com/dtaht/dnsmasq-lede/issues/11).
> Is this only a problem for Android users? I ran into a bug a couple of
> times where dnsmasq simply did not reply to queries sent to IPv6
> link-local addresses. I had this problem on my ERLs, it went away at
> some point, then it came back, and while testing now, it seems to work
> fine again. So unfortunately I have no idea why it happened, but that is
> the only reason I configured a non-ULA DNS server on these devices.
>
> It wasn't really a problem on my Linux clients, but using Android with
> IPv6 DNS servers that don't reply just isn't usable, even if the IPv4
> DNS servers work just fine. Each connection attempt had a ~12 second
> delay or so.
>
> Stijn

Somewhat off-topic, but I’m trying to update the isc-dhcp scripts to work (they don’t).

Is there documentation for what the UCI config for odhcpd looks like?  I might be able to use the same configuration (or something pretty close to it) for synthesizing the /etc/dhcpd.conf file for ISC-DHCP.

Thanks,

-Philip