[LEDE-DEV] Makefile question

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sat Feb 11 01:01:11 PST 2017

John Crispin wrote at Fri Feb 10 21:37:19 PST 2017:
 > jow posted some instructions on how to overload parts of a packages
install template using one of buildroots built-in features, but i am failing
to find the mail in the archive.

You are likely referring to this:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-October/003360.html

There is also further discussion on Oct-Dec 2016 under the subject "replacing
files in base system from a package?"

Philip Prindeville wrote at Fri 10 Feb 2017 21:18:07 -0800:
 > I’d like to be able to run some simple sed scripts inside the root-to-be
directory to make some changes

One approach is using uci-defaults scripts. They run early (by
/etc/rc.d/S10boot) in the first boot process after the flash and can do most
of the stuff you want to do. Then the original unmodified files would be
included in the flashed firmware, but you would modify them early in the
first boot process after the flash.

E.g. miniupnpd disabled itself from starting after a flash via an
uci-defaults script.
The script has been deleted (from LuCI), but here is link to the old script
that disables a service:
https://github.com/openwrt/luci/commit/387a06bb73462312c075e53ce9e6002d4af09e92