[LEDE-DEV] Is there a location for utility scripts?

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:11:29 PST 2017

Hi Ben,

> On Feb 2, 2017, at 8:54 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>
> I think you would have to make a new LEDE package to allow users to choose your script
> to be included at compile time so that it is available on the FS.
>
> Or possibly, it is worth extending ct-bugcheck to have your tool in it and make
> ct-bugcheck a more general bug-reporting package.

You would be welcome to include that script in ct-bugcheck, but that misses the point of my question.

When someone has a problem, it adds an extra round-trip to the reporting process if we say, "Please install this script/package and report the results."

My question to the group is whether it's worth the ~1,900 bytes of the script to include it in the base distribution to help with troubleshooting.

(It may not be worth it, but I figured I would ask.)

Thanks,

Rich