[LEDE-DEV] Patch refresh issues - mystery whitespace

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Thu Dec 21 13:30:08 PST 2017

> On 20 Dec 2017, at 08:44, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 17 Dec 2017, at 09:57, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Illuminati,
>>
>> I have a bit of a mystery with patch refreshes, namely that I’m occasionally getting extra whitespace on the end of some block header patch lines (Lines beginning @@).  As a result my kernel patch refreshes touch more files than are actually really required and I don’t consider suitable for submitting.

Eventually solved.  For anyone’s interest:  It looks like macos ‘diff’ is subtly broken.  Installing the homebrew diffutils is the solution ‘brew install diffutils’.  An extra gotcha is to make sure staging_dir/host/bin/diff is linked to the brew supplied ‘/usr/local/bin/diff’.

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A