[LEDE-DEV] Patch refresh issues - mystery whitespace

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Wed Dec 20 00:44:44 PST 2017

> On 17 Dec 2017, at 09:57, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Dear Illuminati,
>
> I have a bit of a mystery with patch refreshes, namely that I’m occasionally getting extra whitespace on the end of some block header patch lines (Lines beginning @@).  As a result my kernel patch refreshes touch more files than are actually really required and I don’t consider suitable for submitting.

Thanks to all for your responses here & on IRC.  At the moment I’m still no further forward in this mystery.  But I think I’m out of kernel refresh operations, or anything else that touches a lot of patches until it’s solved.  Borromini & myself did a 4.4 patch bump on master yesterday to compare.  I produced a 350K patch file, touched shed loads of patches with silly whitespace at 'end of block ID’ lines, whilst he produced a nice clean 33K patch file.

‘quilt', well 'quilt refresh' does silly things on macos.

Cheers,

Kevin D-B
+44 7947 355344

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A