[LEDE-DEV] A Wiki for LEDE Documentation

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Tue Sep 13 15:14:20 PDT 2016

Hi,

it is great to see that there is some movement in the wiki discussion :)

My personal view (and I suppose that of some other LEDE people too) is
that the decision on what wiki software to use, on how to organize
submissions and on how to structure it is at the sole discretion of the
people willing to do the actual work.

Past efforts with the OpenWrt wiki (mainly thinking about the Moinmoin
to Dokuwiki migration) have shown that it makes no sense to impose any
kind of restrictions without the gardeners consent.

I strongly support any effort to get a wiki up and running but I think
it is best if the "how" and "when" is decided by the future gardener and
user community.

>From what I can see the next steps to get an actual wiki up and running
would be:

- Assemble a team of volunteers to maintain the wiki
- Among those volunteers who want to work on the wiki, decide on a
  software / markup flavor
- Setup the chosen wiki software - we can use LEDE's donated Digital
  Ocean resources to setup production and test instances
- Start building/migrating content

Once a consensus has been reached we can start to look into whatever is
needed to setup and host the decided wiki software.

Personally I won't be able to invest too much time into the actual
content gardening but I would be more then happy to assist with hosting
matters.

Cheers,
Jo