[LEDE-DEV] Hardware for VDSL with ISDN or 4 x TAE (VoIP) ?

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sat Sep 10 02:27:43 PDT 2016

Usually modem-routers are not supported because the modem part is closed
source.

You need to buy a separate modem device and connect it to a pure router
(not modem-router) through ethernet, in pppoe bridging.

So that the router is the device doing the login to the ISP, and the
modem is doing the work.