[LEDE-DEV] 3G support for dwr-512

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Oct 31 14:05:54 PDT 2016

Cezary Jackiewicz <cezary.jackiewicz at gmail.com> writes:

> Dnia 2016-10-31, o godz. 19:17:38
> "Giuseppe Lippolis" <giu.lippolis at gmail.com> napisał(a):
>
>> Hallo,
>> I'm completing the support for the dlink dwr-512 adding the support for 3G.
>> In order to enable the 3G modem the following step need to be performed:
>>
>> 1) write '1' to the gpio18 (it should switch on the modem)
>
> ucidef_add_gpio_switch in /etc/board.d/03_gpio_switches?
>
>> 2) echo '2001 7d04 ff' > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id
>
> [...]
>
>> For the point 2. I read a potential solution is to add the cmd in
>> /etc/rc.local, but why don't add a line like:
>> static const struct usb_device_id option_ids[] = {
>> 	{ USB_DEVICE(DLINK_VENDOR_ID, DLINK_PRODUCT_DWR512) },
>>
>> In linux/drivers/usb/serial/option.c ?
>
> Yes, patch for driver should be better solution.

Definitely.  And please: send the patch upstream.  The address is
linux-usb at vger.kernel.org

It's also nice to have some more info about the modem. Like, is it based
on a Qualcomm chip?  Does it support QMI? Anything else? "lsusb -v"
output?

But don't worry if you don't have all the answers.  The patch is the
most important part.

Bjørn