[LEDE-DEV] can't install luci

Matthias Schiffer mschiffer at universe-factory.net
Sun Oct 16 05:35:44 PDT 2016

On 10/16/2016 09:18 AM, Torbjorn Jansson wrote:
> On 2016-10-15 18:55, Matthias Schiffer wrote:

>>> and how often do the build bots rebuild things?
>>> once a day?
>>>

>> Phase 1 rebuilds are triggered for each master commit, but there are many
>> targets and builds take some time. You can find the current build status on
>> http://phase1.builds.lede-project.org/grid . Phase 2 builds can be seen on
>> http://phase2.builds.lede-project.org/grid .
>>
>> The issue will disappear as soon as phase 1 has finished for your target
>> (and thus produced a new SDK), and the next phase 2 build after that has
>> finished, too. This should be done in less than a day.
>>

> phase 1 & 2 is done for my target in question (an rpi) but i suspect it was
> still done in wrong order or something because there is still lots of
> missing packages including those making luci-ssl work.

Yes, that's the case. The next arm_arm1176jzf-s_vfp build should finally
fix everything.

> and by the way, yesterday i tried to install some kernel modules since they
> should not have been broken i think.
> but it looks like the wifi driver kmod-rtl8192cu depended on hostapd.
> how can a kernel module depend on a regular program?
> it also the dependency doesn't appear to be there for all wifi modules.

The kmod-mac80211 package (which kmod-rtl8192cu indirectly depends on)
doesn't only contain the kernel module itself, but also most of the
userspace infrastructure for the WLAN setup. This also pulls in hostapd-common.