[LEDE-DEV] QCA Dakota support

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:37:17 PST 2016

Hello Alexis,

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 12:18:00 PM CET Alexis Green wrote:
> Could you post .config for your build? I cloned your repo and
> successfully built and installed an image, but I'm seeing some rather
> weird behavior.
I added it, but I don't have any magic values in the .config. I played
around with adding LPAE for KVM but as it turns out the DMA driver doesn't
like that.

And there are definitely bugs. If you are looking for support, your best
option is to ask: Matthew McClintock. Since developed most of the platform
code while he was working for QCA, so he more familiar with the hardware
and drivers as I just got this and put a port together for just my hardware...
It's too bad that he didn't get to keep his board.

> I get kernel oops (null derefrence) in bridge code when I connect a
> client to WPA2 AP that is bridged. The oops is gone after I removed
> the following patches (I'm sure it's just one of them, but I have not
> had a chance  to figure out which one exactly it is).
> target/linux/generic/patches-4.8/120-bridge_allow_receiption_on_disabled_port.patch
> target/linux/generic/patches-4.8/640-bridge_no_eap_forward.patch
> target/linux/generic/patches-4.8/641-bridge_always_accept_eap.patch
I have to add Alvaro for this (I'm using his experimental 4.8-rc series
which he is using for his raspberrypi 3 code). As for which one causes
the issue: I think 640-bridge_no_eap_forward.patch is the one. It looks
like the following patch in 4.8. changed the way the skb and skb2 works:

commit b35c5f632b630183396a2ea2e2247ff8bbf2c94f
Author: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay at cumulusnetworks.com>
Date:   Thu Jul 14 06:10:01 2016 +0300

    net: bridge: drop skb2/skb0 variables and use a local_rcv boolean [0]

Looking at this commit and the original patch [1]:
I think we can drop the skb = NULL there (and maybe put the comment
in front of the local_rcv = true;)

> I'm also seeing rather fast memory leak/wastage when wireless devices
> are up - takes 10-15 min to run out of memory. I tried using kmemleak,
> but it doesn't report any suspected leaks. I guess I'll try some
> tracing next.
I've added a few new patches to mac80211-package from the current
wireless-testing.git. If the issue persists, can you report this to
the ath10k-devel mailing list?

Note: You should check, if it's really the ath10k driver. This can
be done by plugging in a usb-wifi device and setting it up. If it
also fails then there's probably another issue with the patchset.

Regards,
Christian

[0] <https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/net/bridge/br_input.c?id=b35c5f632b630183396a2ea2e2247ff8bbf2c94f>

[1] <https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/generic/patches-4.4/640-bridge_no_eap_forward.patch>