[LEDE-DEV] [RFC] brcm47xx: bump kernel to 4.4

p.wassi at gmx.at p.wassi at gmx.at
Tue Nov 22 09:36:34 PST 2016

Hi Rafal,

> On 25 October 2016 at 9:41, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway I finally debugged this local vs. buildbot difference to the
> CONFIG_KERNEL_KALLSYMS. Images from buildbot have this symbol enabled
> which slightly increases kernel size. Enough to stop it from booting
> on WRT300N v1.

Yesterday, I had the serial console attached to a WRT54GL for other things I had
to do and tried buildbot's brcm47xx image for this device. It did not boot.
So I'm again using my local builds without CONFIG_KERNEL_KALLSYMS

Since some kind of release seems to be coming, I think we can't leave it in
this state. Either disable the image generation for that device, or get the image
built without KALLSYMS. What do you think about this?

Best regards,
P. Wassi