[LEDE-DEV] bug: mt7621 pci reset

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at inteno.se
Tue Nov 22 08:37:06 PST 2016

in arch/mips/pci/pci-mt7621.c

we have #define GPIO_PERST that is always set.

This has the side effect of setting gpio pin 7,8 and 19 to gpio and set
the output value to 0.

I could understand gpio19(perst) if there was some hardware errata that
made the perst function not working and this code do the same thing but
using gpio,

but why 7(UART_TXD3) and 8(UART_RXD3) ?? it makes no sense. at least not
on my board and the refboard.

Should not GPIO_PREST be unset ?

also the driver do not use the pinmux or gpio driver but goes directly
to the register making it "very interesting" finding out why the pins
has the wrong values.