[LEDE-DEV] netifd: proto_add_host_dependency()

Dan Lüdtke mail at danrl.com
Fri Nov 18 03:33:25 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a weird situation where proto_add_host_dependency() does not like IPv6 addresses. The WAN/WAN6 interface don't have global unicast addresses assigned, but my protocol script calls

 proto_add_host_dependency "${config}" "${ip}"

with $ip containing a global unicast address. Interface setup fails. If I use IPv4 instead, interface setup succeeds.

I a bit puzzled, because I think I have seen this working before.
Testing on latest (OpenWRT) snapshot. Has netifd diverged in LEDE already?

Source: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/d1c890896c0cae4516a222a0adcf01d91f8d0503/net/wireguard/files/wireguard.sh#L87

Any ideas?

Dan