[LEDE-DEV] QCA Dakota support

Matthew McClintock msm-oss at mcclintock.net
Sat Nov 12 09:42:04 PST 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Christian Mehlis <christian at m3hlis.de> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> I took your patches to my tree. They are for Linux 4.7, so I tried to make
> Lede build with that Linux version.
> I ran into some trouble with musl+netifd (fixed it). Now compat-wireless
> seems to expect an older Kernel:
>
> compat-wireless-2016-10-08/backport-include/linux/netdevice.h:337:5: error:
> 'struct net_device' has no member named 'trans_start'
>   dev->trans_start = jiffies;
>
> The member was kicked in 4.7.
>
> In case someone is willing to help, I'm open for code.

I can't help much, since QCA declined to give me a board. Did you try
regenerating the compat-wireless against the newer kernel? I never did
much on the wifi side, was alway doing everything else.

If you compare the ChromeOS tree I shared it's a backport to 3.18, so
some subset of patches in that list will backport to 4.4 pretty
easily.

-M