[LEDE-DEV] QCA Dakota support

Christian Mehlis christian at m3hlis.de
Fri Nov 11 15:03:54 PST 2016

Hi Matthew,

I took your patches to my tree. They are for Linux 4.7, so I tried to
make Lede build with that Linux version.
I ran into some trouble with musl+netifd (fixed it). Now compat-wireless
seems to expect an older Kernel:

compat-wireless-2016-10-08/backport-include/linux/netdevice.h:337:5:
error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'trans_start'
   dev->trans_start = jiffies;

The member was kicked in 4.7.

In case someone is willing to help, I'm open for code.

-> It's unclear to me how to generate a config-4.7 from config-4.4 and
store it. build system asks for the new flags every time.
-> why does netifd not handle musl c properly or vice versa?
  include/linux/in6.h:32:8: error: redefinition of 'struct in6_addr'
  struct in6_addr {

-> how to disable compat-wireless and exclude it from build?

Code: https://github.com/mehlis/source/commits/ipq40xx

Regards,
Christian