[LEDE-DEV] How do you develop (compile) LEDE efficiently?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 00:51:31 PST 2016

On 7 November 2016 at 09:46, Baptiste Jonglez
<baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 06:23:49AM +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>> On 7 November 2016 at 00:40, Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:
>> > I have a 16-core build box which I connect to over ssh.  I use scp to
>> > move images to devices.  I have a testbed with ethernet connections to
>> > the build box and serial consoles on most if not all of them.
>>
>> But what about development with modifying files in build_dir? That's
>> the most tricky part for me.
>
> What do you mean exactly?

Like working with quilt to modify software (kernel/packages) in the build_dir.

> I use the GCC compile farm to develop/compile, since the hardware there is
> much faster than my laptop (and has more disk space).  I generally mount
> the remote server locally using sshfs to get access to the generated
> images and packages.  When I need to edit things in the development tree,
> I do it directly on the server.

It sounds like sshfs being too slow for you? That's what bothers me. I
think I'll just need to experiment with nfs and sshfs a bit and see if
that will be fast enough for me or not.

--
Rafał