[LEDE-DEV] How do you develop (compile) LEDE efficiently?

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Mon Nov 7 00:46:12 PST 2016

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 06:23:49AM +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> On 7 November 2016 at 00:40, Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:
> > I have a 16-core build box which I connect to over ssh.  I use scp to
> > move images to devices.  I have a testbed with ethernet connections to
> > the build box and serial consoles on most if not all of them.
>
> But what about development with modifying files in build_dir? That's
> the most tricky part for me.

What do you mean exactly?

I use the GCC compile farm to develop/compile, since the hardware there is
much faster than my laptop (and has more disk space).  I generally mount
the remote server locally using sshfs to get access to the generated
images and packages.  When I need to edit things in the development tree,
I do it directly on the server.