[LEDE-DEV] How to start?

Gabriel F.C. Mazzocato gabriel.mazzocato at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:00:29 PDT 2016

> Is this something that's not already packaged for LEDE/OpenWRT?
>
> It's far more complex to add something new than to just select different
> options that are already configured.

Yeah. Currently iptables is at 1.4.21 version at both dists. I was
trying to bump to 1.6.0 and if successful, upload a diff to the dev
team. Tryied through Quilt too using the patch source, almost got it.
The kmod-ipt-* I was trying to build from the source (xtables_$$$.c).

> that depends on the bootloader. but for a firmware version that's that close
> to the total flash size you may need to use a different install method.
>
> I commonly use the wndr3800 with 16M flash and my images have been up to
> 15M, but I always flash them via tftp at boot time, not from within a
> running system.
>
> David Lang

I'm using sysupgrade -n image.bin with 5Mb and it works fine. But I
have the modded u-boot with the webserver to upload and a jtag just in
case.
The problem is that 8Mb is quite a small frame to work with.

--
Att. Gabriel Mazzocato