[LEDE-DEV] A request not making IRC necessary to be part of the action

Bruno Randolf br1 at einfach.org
Tue May 17 02:02:04 PDT 2016

On 17/05/16 09:46, andrew wrote:
> How about something like rocket.chat or one of the opensource self
> hosted alternatives?

Don't get me wrong, the problem is not IRC itself, there are definetly
good uses for it. I'm NOT saying people should not use IRC to
coordinate. My point is: hanging out (async or not) in IRC should not be
required for people to be part of this project as that would again
increase the barrier to participating, instead of lowering it. That just
simply means important issues and decisions should be carried out on the
mailing list, not in IRC.

bruno