[LEDE-DEV] A request not making IRC necessary to be part of the action

Daniel Curran-Dickinson daniel at daniel.thecshore.com
Mon May 16 14:18:13 PDT 2016

On 16-05-16 03:29 PM, John Crispin wrote:

> the voting does not effect the actual coding work. it more relates to
> infrastructure, political and release related decisions. i think we are
> talking about the day 2 day interaction here.
>
> what i dont get is how emails vs irc would resolve the TZ issue. if we
> do our normal day 2 day comms via email, people on a different TZ can
> interact at the same delay as they can right now. this is the bit i dont
> get in this thread

The objective is so that you don't have isolated pools of TZ's where one
TZ has little insight into what the other TZ is doing and has no *good*
mechanisms for communicating across timezones.

Reading IRC chat logs is an exercise is pain for many, so that's not
really the answer for cross-timezone communication.

IRC, for many of us, is something that is only useful when it's realtime.

Regards,

Daniel