[LEDE-DEV] A request not making IRC necessary to be part of the action

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Mon May 16 12:29:13 PDT 2016

On 16/05/2016 21:25, Felix Fietkau wrote:
> On 2016-05-16 21:14, Bruno Randolf wrote:
>> On 16/05/16 20:08, Dave Taht wrote:
>>> znc and bitlbee are godsends when using irc asynchronously.
>>>
>>> In particular I feed all irc convos into bitlbee and then into erc on
>>> emacs (so I am not hurt when my connection goes away).
>>
>> Well, thanks for the hints, but please just accept the fact that IRC is
>> not part of everyones working mode.
> One of the ideas that was tossed around was using LiquidFeedback to
> replace the IRC meeting voting stuff. We're still looking into it...
>
> - Felix

the voting does not effect the actual coding work. it more relates to
infrastructure, political and release related decisions. i think we are
talking about the day 2 day interaction here.

what i dont get is how emails vs irc would resolve the TZ issue. if we
do our normal day 2 day comms via email, people on a different TZ can
interact at the same delay as they can right now. this is the bit i dont
get in this thread

	John