[LEDE-DEV] A request not making IRC necessary to be part of the action

Daniel Dickinson lede at daniel.thecshore.com
Sat May 14 21:53:24 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'd really appreciate if we could actually use the mailing list for the
main communications venue rather than shutting out people not in the
European timezones, which is what happens if IRC is the main way to
participate in the community.

I have been told that to really be part of the OpenWrt action I should
have been on IRC; but I'm not in European timezone so that is not
actually a useful suggestion, since most of the most people most
relevant to decision-making are in Europe, and I would hope LEDE has a
more *inter-continental focus than OpenWrt had.

Regards,

Daniel