[LEDE-DEV] Why technical elitism is contrary to stated goal of community

Daniel Dickinson lede at daniel.thecshore.com
Sat May 7 22:10:39 PDT 2016

On 16-05-07 10:48 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> Install a script on LEDE systems, including a GUI button to use it,
> that will gather basic info like dmesg, version info, radios, etc.
>
> Then, aside from total lockups, users can use that as part of the basic
> bug report.
>
> Users can just paste the output into their bug report.

I really like this thought.  That pretty deals with the majority of my
concern with this proposal (the other being about how much it really
actually make a difference, and that having people volunteer to be
triage drones would probably be a greater benefit, in addition to
requiring development for a new tool(s) no one uses or works on).

Regards,

Daniel