[LEDE-DEV] Proposal to sign all commits

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Fri May 6 08:03:33 PDT 2016

Hi,

> I am concerned that git signing gives little, if any value, while making
> it harder to contribute (and making it easier to contribute is one of
> the *stated* goals of LEDE) and is another example of a tendency toward
> a particular brand of technical elitism that will kill this project if
> not nipped in the bud.

I tend to agree here - people specifically ask about being able to
contribute via Github because it allegedly makes contributions easier.

My experience has shown that a lot of contributors already struggle with
the concept of sign-off lines. Require them to PGP sign stuff would
pretty much kill any effort in this direction right away.

~ Jo