[LEDE-DEV] TR-069 and OpenWrt discussion on these lists?

Daniel Curran-Dickinson daniel at daniel.thecshore.com
Sun Jun 19 11:17:09 PDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-16 at 02:50 -0500, L. D. Pinney wrote:
> From the OP
>
> I wanted to ask folks whether they want me to continue to cross post to these

Quite frankly I think it's great that companies are stepping up and
contributing back - I think the lack of that is a frustration that more
than just I have experienced.

The reality is that if it benefits the community there is not reason to
not accept corporate input, and in fact getting paid work to help the
project is essentially and the main way that happens in open source is
if companies feel inspired to contribute back to the project because it
benefits them.

The linux kernel would not be where it is today (in a lot of good ways)
without paid corporate input.

In case you have failed to notice these statistics, the vast majority of
work done on open source projects *as a whole* is not by unpaid
volunteers such as myself (who have limited time to devote to such
pursuits) but by people who have corporate sponsorship to do the work.
I don't know about you, but I have to work to pay for the things my
family needs, and unless you're *lucky* that work typically doesn't
involve an ideal world chance to work on open source projects without
any concerns about IP etc from management.

You seem to be even more hostile than I sometimes get (and now have
implemented a solution so I "don't post impulsively").  I've arranged it
so I make myself think before I post and I think most folks will agree
that is a good thing.

Regards,

Daniel