[LEDE-DEV] looking for ar7 testers

Daniel Curran-Dickinson daniel at daniel.thecshore.com
Sun Jun 19 11:38:33 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-15 at 19:52 -0700, David Lang wrote:
> Is there a list of hardware that is needed? (or do you want donations of money
> for the project to buy hardware)?

TBH I'm not sure how useful random hardware donations are.  For example
getting a router which is more than just updating image generation
specifics (and assuming there is even enough information available via
flash browsing etc to do that, which isn't always the case), there is
the problem most chips manufacturers don't talk to random developer X,
and only want to give data sheets and programming information to people
who sign an NDA and have a support contract, presumably with contracts
to by X units from ODM who is actually the one making the information
available, or enabling the request).

Dealing with unsupported hardware is not something developers can often
do something about simply by having random device X.  If it's just image
generation usually it can be figured out, but beyond that it normally
requires some level of information that isn't easy to discover simply by
having a device.

Regards,

Daniel