[LEDE-DEV] ACL kernel config options and 3.18

Daniel Curran-Dickinson daniel at daniel.thecshore.com
Tue Jun 7 02:02:16 PDT 2016

iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAADAAAAAwAQMAAABtzGvEAAAABlBMVEX///8AAABVwtN+AAAAeklEQVQY04XQzQ2EIBAF4IdMDIc5UAIlUIKlWMr0ZiMm28jOj+6iMXEOfBBmXgJAVLGlBkU3wcZ9I3Q7EdrAveowx6hZ0q6QJDsRnHlJwr+W4CHF7vLqTEenXABeUnSssbP8SdwdjTHEwcFDtQGKFuWjH8Lna8vAmfEF3NMPdAOsBscAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Hi John,

I don't have a platform that is currently using 3.18, and on ar71xx I
can't even get 3.18 to get a proper kernel config never mind build, so
can we simply turn off the ACL config options for 3.18 and omit worrying
about getting the patch verified for that kernel version?

TBH I'm not sure there are any platforms anyone is actually using or
developing for on a regular basis that are still on 3.18.  It seems to
me that archs still on 3.18 are basically unloved cruft that perhaps
should be cleaned out rather than kept in tree.

Regards,

Daniel