[LEDE-DEV] LEDE & IPv6

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 20:01:10 PDT 2016

Dear Devs,

Congratulations on the fork of OpenWRT. I look forward to the new LEDE
releases.

I am writing here because I am not a committer, but would like to
communicate with the Devs. I am a professional software tester, with
extensive IPv6 experience. I have been working with IPv6 and OpenWRT
specifically for the past year, and have found a few things lacking.

I see in the TODO list, review IPv6 changes. I too would like to see what
you have on the horizon for IPv6. I _can_ tell you that systemd is _not_
ready for IPv6, and have raised a few issues with the systemd team.

Here are some of the investigations I have done with OpenWRT, systemd and
IPv6.
http://ipv6-net.blogspot.ca/2016/02/nat-tiness-and-v6brouter.html
http://ipv6-net.blogspot.ca/2016/03/v6brouter-part-2-v6bridge-firewall.html
http://ipv6-net.blogspot.ca/2016/04/systemd-oh-you-wanted-to-run-ipv6.html

Although I am not a c-coder, I have been writing software for the past 30
years. And would be happy to contribute, especially in the area of IPv6.

thanks,

Craig...
--
IPv6 is the future!