[LEDE-DEV] Help needed: IP175D + RT3662 issues on a "new" device

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 25 05:33:22 PST 2016

Hello,

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 6:22:13 PM CET John Crispin wrote:
> On 24/12/2016 17:49, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 5:17 PM, antonio rossi <braccoz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi everybody,
> >>
> >> i'll try to make this as short as possible despite the large amount of
> >> information needed to describe the issue:
> >>
> >> i am working on adding support to LEDE/OpenWRT for DIR-815 A1, it's a
> >> RT3662+RT3092 device with an infamous IP175D switch IC.
> >> i managed to get everything working properly, save for the fact that
> >> network (both ethernet&wifi) works only after the stock bootloader
> >> does some funky stuff to set up the internal cpu port and/or switch
> >> to receive images via TFTP.
> > if only ethernet was affected then this might have been some pinctrl issue.
> > but since wifi is also affected this might be more of a clock (gate?) issue.
> >
> > maybe John has more information (or even a suspect) here?
>

> this sound like either
>
> 1) the cpu port is not configrued properly,
> 2) the switch is not configured properly
> 3) pinmux is failing
>
> the odd thing is that wifi fails without bootloader init. how does wifi
> fail exactly ?

I helped Antonio a bit. It turns out that the GE1 needs to be set to MII
mode (The default is RGMII). As far as I can tell, he had added this setting
already in the DTS. But the rt2880_port_init() didn't do anything with the
phy mode. I've made a patch (attached) that will set the bits in SYSCTL1
and he's currently testing it.

For now, I just added it to rt2880_port_init. However I don't know if the
RT2880 uses the same registers and bits (Don't have the RT2880 datasheet).
So, what do you think?

Regards,
Christian