[LEDE-DEV] gateworks patches in the tree

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Wed Dec 21 09:27:34 PST 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 1:54 AM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
> Hi Tim,

Hi John,

> we currently have these patches in the tree, which i think you were
> involved in. could you tell us which of these can be sent upstream
> and/or what is blocking us sending them upstream ?
>
> 160-usb-gadget-udc-net2280-add-usb2380-support.patch:From: Tim Harvey
> <tharvey at gateworks.com>

I mainlined this one (5185c91385d73cdf79836eb8548e4726e43ae831) and it
appears in Linux 4.8

> 412-mtd-partial_eraseblock_unlock.patch:From: Tim Harvey
> <tharvey at gateworks.com>

The commit message for this applied in OpenWrt r33681 on 10/10/12 was:

mtd: allow partial block unlock

This allows sysupgrade for devices such as the Gateworks Avila/Cambria
product families based on the ixp4xx using the redboot bootloader with
combined FIS directory and RedBoot config partitions on larger FLASH
devices with larger eraseblocks.

This second iteration of this patch addresses previous issues:
  - whitespace breakage fixed
  - unlock in all scenarios
  - simplification and fix logic bug

------

The ixp4xx Xscale processors have been EOL for a couple of years and
as such there are no plans to mainline this. I don't see Gateworks
Avila/Cambria in the LEDE Table of hardware (they are still in the
OpenWrt list). Perhaps there is a plan to drop ixp4xx support from
LEDE in general, which I would be fine with.

> 880-gateworks_system_controller.patch:Signed-off-by: Tim Harvey
> <tharvey at gateworks.com>

This is an old driver replaced by a newer version which I intend on
mainlining - drop it.

Tim