[LEDE-DEV] [Frontpage] Stuff that cannot be found since switch to wiki software

Stijn Segers francesco.borromini at inventati.org
Thu Dec 15 11:32:14 PST 2016

Hi Thomas,

I already provided one of the links in my e-mail. Upon closer
inspection, it's the only link that didn't make it. I have an old
checkout here of the Jekyll frontpage, where there was a direct
'Development' link to text containing how to submit patches. It is a
pity to see that buried under a generic 'Documentation' > 'Developer' >
'Submitting patches'. It took one click before, now takes three, yet
it's one of the most important things for a project like this.

Stuff like this should be easy to find, if people don't know their way
around the homepage and only find it with a lot of digging, that means
it's very well hidden. More importantly, it means they just might say
'F it'. I just saw now there's also a link in the text body of the home
page, but that only adds to my point: such a link should be visible and
intuitive; at this point, it is not.

Thanks for considering this.

Stijn

P.S. Please use 'reply all' :-)