[LEDE-DEV] Help on porting new device (DCS-933L)

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Tue Dec 13 00:43:40 PST 2016

On 13/12/2016 09:17, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to port LEDE to a new device DCS-933L. It's a dlink ip
> camera with 8MB Flash and 64 MB RAM. Currently my branch is published
> on https://github.com/luizluca/source/tree/add_dcs933lb1
>
> It seems to be going well (as it is my first port) but I cannot see
> the webcam. I guess its camera and audio device are connected via USB.
>
> This is the factory bootlog:
> https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dcs-930l#factory_bootlog_dcs-933l
> and this is my current bootlog: http://pastebin.com/pJjPB90E
>
> I'm not an DTS expert and all I did was trial'n'error. Maybe it is
> just a simple mistake.
> Maybe it is related to this message "ralink-usb-phy usbphy: invalid resource".

that error is unrelated. newer phys need a more complete init. the error
is a side effect of that init not being required.

if you look at lines 117/118 you will see that the phy loads just fine
and that a few lines further down the ports are being detected.

my guess would be that the power to the webcam is controlled via a gpio.

	John