[LEDE-DEV] LEDE builds kernel from scratch after minor changes

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 06:40:35 PDT 2016

On 16 August 2016 at 11:55, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got used to doing some small target modifications, calling "make
> V=s" and getting new image quickly build.
>
> From some time (less than a month I think) modifying e.g.
> target/linux/bcm53xx/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network
> and calling "make V=s" results in cleaning and rebuilding whole kernel.
>
> I think it also happens after changing config with "make kernel_menuconfig".
>
> Is this intentional? Could LEDE building system be improved to e.g.
> react only to kernel patches changes?

This is probably caused by
kernel: make the kernel build auto-clean the build dir like package builds
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=22ef1c83b35cd5633b0c58c9c38a43494a906a6a
(as some pointed to me).

Felix: is this possible to limit auto-cleaning to track changes in
patches-*/ files-*/ and files/ only? So e.g. changing something in
base-files or config-* won't trigger it?

--
Rafał